This meetup will be about DIY initiatives and possibilities to join a DIY sensing challenge
Location: Commandantswoning, Marineterrein, 6.00 – 9.00 P.M.
- 17.30 Doors open: Informal talking & DIY hands-on (bring your laptop:-)
- 18.30 BYO-food (the Marineterrein kindly provides us with coffee/tea)
- 19.00 Airdust: New Years Eve (Jurre Ongering)
Jurre from the Waag participated in the firework experiment from RIVM (http://samenmeten.rivm.nl), measuring airdust. Checkout the fireworks effects:
- 19.30 Marineterrein: Waterquality & LoRa DIY possibilities (Herman Wagter & Danielle Willemse)
Herman will introduce the waterquality challenge they are facing, inviting us to participate in their investigation.
At the Marineterrein, there are also 2 LoRa networks available, one of which has an open hardware interface connected to several lightpoles. During this meetup Herman will share what is available on the Marineterrein, as a teaser for the brainstorm we will organise to generate (new) applications.
- 20.30 Aftertalks
During our meetups we talk and do Internet-of-Things, Sensors, Arduino, RaspPi, electronics and more. Ranging from projects (Air Quality Egg, Open Thermostat, waterbuoy), presentations, events and just getting together to talk. Everybody is welcome: Technical, non-technical or just interested. If you like to know more, be involved or are just curious: Just come to one of our regular meetups every third Wednesday of the Month at Makerversity Amsterdam. In addition, we want to bring in speakers for each event, who can share their thoughts, experiences and/or wisdom. So if you know someone, let us know.
- Follow us on twitter:SensemakersAMS (https://twitter.com/sensemakersa)
- Or join us on Slack by providing us your emailadress